How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.