How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly very easy to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.