How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.