How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.