How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through entering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.